How We Are Different
- Business Start Up Assistance
- SCED is the only organization targeting income-eligible microentrepreneurs in our service area.
- Commercial Real Estate Loans
- By being a small sized organization we are able to handle each deal personally. The loan file is not passed off from one division to another, but kept with one person ensuring continuity for both the borrower and participating lender.
- Business Loans
- As a leading non-profit lender SCED has leveraged the experience of our staff and relationships with local lending partners to create loan programs to make credit available to entrepreneurs that cannot qualify under conventional lending criteria.
- Economic Planning
- The four-county "Superior California Economic Development District (SCEDD)" was formed in 1979 through a Joint Powers Agreement between the Counties of Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou and Trinity.
- Designation as an "Economic Development District" by the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration (EDA), was received in 1980 with funding assistance from EDA and the member counties supporting the District Economic Planning Program. The District has been successful in securing numerous grants and contracts for ongoing and special projects which assist the public and private sector in member counties with economic planning, technical assistance, new business development, business retention/expansion, all of which leads ultimately to job creation.