Business Start Up Assistance
Superior California Economic Development provides assistance in economic development planning, coordination and implementation and provides small business training, counseling and financing assistance with the goal of creating stable, long-term employment opportunities in the private sector economy.
If you . . . are self-motivated and independent, want to be your own boss, are not afraid of hard work, want to control your own financial resources, have a great business idea but do not know where to start, are interested in finding out what it takes to run your own business . . . then the Microenterprise Program may be for you.
Prepare yourself for the challenges of successfully operating your own small business through SCED?s Microenterprise Program. The Microenterprise Program helps those interested in self-employment for the challenges of successfully owning their own business by:
- Helping to evaluate interest and abilities;
- Exploring the concepts and commitments of self-employment;
- Providing materials and coaching during a 15-week workshop covering the important tools needed to run a small or home-based business;
- Offering one-on-one mentoring to help create a plan for starting and growing a business;
- Providing follow-up business counseling for newly created businesses;
- Helping explore financing options including the SCED micro-loan program which has been specially created for Microenterprise graduates.
For the answers to frequently asked questions about SCED's Microenterprise Development Program: Click Here »